I love seeing what my fellow crochet designers are up to and surveying what the current trends are! I thought I would share some of the projects that piqued my interest as you might want to give them a try!
Ever since I posted about my Knitted Fair Isle Beanies, many of you have been asking about a crochet version! Crochet items that mimic the look of knitting are very popular and have such a beautiful look to them. Here are some of my faves that I found:
- Snowfall Slouchy Hat by Whistle & Ivy: I love the delicate little hearts and how they resemble snowfall slowly drifting down! There are also matching mittens HERE!
- Crochet Fair Isle Slouchy Beanie/Ponytail Messy Bun Option by Handmade by Phanessa (PAID PATTERN): Love those chunky hearts worked in super bulky yarn! You’ve probably seen the messy bun beanies all over the internet right now, and this is a cute option!
- Lovely Heart (Bun) Hat by Wilma Westenberg: The grey and pink is such a beautiful colour combination, and I adore how the little hearts are scattered throughout. Wilma has made a video tutorial too!
- Faux Knit Fair Isle Crochet Toque and Cowl by Sewrella: Ashleigh has created such a gorgeous design with the center single crochet stitch! The pattern looks so intricate, and Ashleigh has provided the color charts needed!
Since 2017 is the Year of the Rooster, I thought I would share some rooster amigurumi patterns with you! Every artist has their own style, and if you are looking for a particular design, check out all these cutie pies!
- Pip the Chinese New Year Rooster by me: This is the furry little fella that we designed! He is egg-shaped with tiny and delicate features!
- Cooper the Rooster by Storyland Amis (PAID): Love Holly’s design with his adorable proportions!
- Rooster by Handmade Kawaii: The shaping of these roosters is so clean, and it’s neat seeing the brown and white options!
- Rooster by Autumn Leaflet (PAID): Kim has also used fuzzy yarn for her rooster, and he looks so huggable and sweet!
I am a huge fan of sweaters that drape beautifully as they are such a gorgeous layering piece. Check out these lovely and modern designs that I found:
- Saddlebrook Cape Scarf by Two of Wands: Alexandra has such a keen eye for design and colour choices! I adore how this trendy scarf can be worn as a cape with the arm holes!
- Light Frost Easy Blanket Sweater by Mama in a Stitch: I love the stitch that Jessica used for her sweater as it look so romantic and elegant. The way the colours blend together is gorgeous, and that fringe is a chic addition!
- The Albequa Sweater by Naturally Nora Crochet (PAID): Nicole’s turtleneck looks so stylish and I love how she’s added some visual interest with the sleeve detailing! So pretty!
- Granite Cape by Me: This is a beautiful layering piece using the granite stitch! I’ve seen so many of you crochet your very own, and they all look fabulous!
Super scarves are very trendy right now, and I love how they are such a bold statement piece! Here are some beautiful ones:
- Nordic Crochet Super Scarf by Make and Do Crew: Jess has created a lovely snowflake design for her super scarf! I adore the colours and that fringe! If you’ve been wanting to try corner-to-corner crochet, this is such a fun option!
- Columbia Chevron Super Scarf by Two of Wands: I love the striking chevron design with the pop of the contrast colour- so bold and modern! And those pom poms at the bottom are such a perfect and whimsical addition!
- Hooded Scarf by Knitbrooks (PAID): Kelly looks so warm and cozy in her hood scarf! I love how it combines the functionality of both a hat and a scarf so that your head and neck are shielded from the cold. It’s such a cute piece, especially when crocheted in a bold colour!
- Moss Fringe Scarf by Me: This super scarf works up very quickly since it uses the moss stitch created by crocheting in the chain 1 gaps. I love fringe, and this piece definitely has a boho chic vibe to it!
I hope you’ve been inspired to give some of these projects a try! Let me know if you’ll be tackling any of them! Happy crocheting!