Frequently Asked Questions
10) I don’t understand a certain part of your amigurumi pattern. Could you please explain it more? Whenever I release a new amigurumi pattern, there are two parts: (1) a step-by-step blog post with plenty of pictures and more detailed explanations and (2) a more formally written out pattern. If you are only referencing the pattern, please also check the step-by-step blog post to see if it will help answer your query. I always link to the step-by-step blog post in the pattern itself and recommend that people follow along with it when going through the pattern!
11) I don’t understand “crocheting around a foundation chain”!When we are trying to create an oval shape, we typically crochet around a series of chain stitches known as the “foundation chain”. This means that we crochet down the back loops of the foundation chain first (the ones further away from you), turn your work, and then crochet around the front loops of the foundation chain. Check out this blog post HERE to see step-by-step instructions and pictures showing how to crochet around a foundation chain to create an oval!
12) My amigurumi/cowl/crochet project is not turning out! I don’t know what went wrong…can you help?
I can try! Send me a photo so I can try and pinpoint what is going on!
13) Can you please make a video for your ____ project since I’m more of a visual learner?
Currently I do not make videos to accompany my patterns as filming and editing them would require a lot of time and effort. I have toyed with the idea of possibly making videos in the future, so I will keep you updated if I ever do!
14) Can I link to your work in my blog or round-up?
Yes, you are always welcome to link to my blog or include me in your round-up’s! I would love to know about these features, so please let me know if you are doing so!
15) Do you take requests? Can you please design a _____?
You can always make suggestions although I may not actually have the time to make them! I love hearing what people are interested in 🙂
16) Do you know of any good free patterns for a _____?
Whenever I need to look for a pattern, I typically search on “Ravelry”, a database for crocheters and knitters that is full of free patterns! It’s free to sign up and it’s great being able to see the finished products of people who used the same pattern to see how they turn out!
17) I want to design my own amigurumi too! Do you have any tips?
I am trying to put together a blog post about this! Thanks for your patience!
18) Are your crochet patterns written in US or UK terms?
All my crochet patterns are written in US terms!
19) Can I translate your pattern into my own language and post it on my blog or Facebook page?
I do not allow translations of my patterns to appear on other people’s blogs or Facebook pages. However, if you would like to translate my pattern, I can attach your translation as a PDF onto my blog so that people can access it. You may include your blog and social media information in the PDF. Please e-mail me if you are interested and we can discuss this further!
20) Are there any crochet books you recommend for beginners?
I love “Crochet, Learn It. Love It” as it is a wonderful skill-building book that works progressively through the stages of crochet. You can also find my Finnley the Fox pattern in this book which I blogged about HERE!